Point Loma Nazarene University Humanities Honors Program seeks to foster a community of intellectually dedicated scholars who embody the Christian mission of the university. Students who complete the honors program will be able to:
- Analyze and discuss diverse traditions while examining them in light of Christian faith.
- Interpret written and visual media in light of their contexts, complexity, and aesthetics.
- Articulate life questions within multidisciplinary and theological frameworks.
- Demonstrate an ability to design and participate in discourses in an informed and hospitable manner.
- Participate in acts of devotion and works of mercy through service opportunities, as informed by the Wesleyan tradition.
- Students must maintain a minimum session and cumulative GPA of 3.000. In rare cases, students may appeal to the Program Director and the Advisory Board.
- Students must maintain a high standard of personal conduct, in accordance with the Undergraduate Student Handbook.
Fall Year 1:
Spring Year 1:
Fall Year 2:
Spring Year 2:
Total Units: 36
Honors Scholar Program [Optional]:
Fall Year 4:
HON 4098 Honors Project I
Spring Year 4:
HON 4099 Honors Project II