Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program in Commercial Music will be able to:
1. Demonstrate essential competencies in musicianship skills in written theory, aural skills, and keyboard musicianship.
2. Develop applied music skills in one primary performance area in both solo and ensemble settings.
3. Become conversant with the essential outlines of music history, music literature, and an awareness of significant non-western musical styles.
4. Develop and articulate a clear application of the concepts of calling, role, path and purpose as they apply to the field of the music discipline.
5. Through the medium of a live concert, demonstrate the development of a public persona whose musical style reflects the musical interests that play to the artists’s strengths and personality.
6. Produce a demo showcasing at least five original works that demonstrate the artist’s ability to effectively collaborate with other artists, working from an initial concept to a finished product.
Total: 58 Units
Transfer students in the BA degree must complete one ensemble and one unit of applied music each semester.
A minor from the following list is recommended:
Theatre, Media Communication, Graphic Design, Business Administration, Marketing or Accounting