Oct 05, 2022
The Daytime MBA program is for recent college graduates who want an accelerated opportunity to build four important drivers of initial career success - business knowledge, real world experience, personal network, and purpose. The Daytime MBA is a three semester program that is completed in one year.
The Daytime MBA program consists of 42 units of core courses that have been selected to effectively prepare recent graduates to successfully launch their professional career. Included in these core courses is a 3-unit Field Experience where teams of students work with a company executive to analyze, strategize and solve a live business challenge.
The Fermanian School of Business Daytime MBA program is committed to serving all MBA students with the best value in quality, academic rigor, professional support services, and individual attention to assist students in meeting their academic and professional goals.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Program Learning Outcomes
Candidates who complete the Master of Business Administration program will be able to:
- Exhibit mastery of the concepts, models and theories in the core business disciplines.
- Integrate knowledge across core business disciplines to identify key strategies and opportunities.
- Analyze business issues and propose solutions using analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Evaluate the impact of business decisions in a global context.
- Analyze the ethical impacts of executive-level decision making.
- Present ideas and decisions clearly through effective communication.
- Collaborate with others as an effective team member.
Program Eligibility for the Daytime MBA
- A completed application for admission to the program
- A recently earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as evidenced by official transcripts from the accredited institution(s)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A personal essay that describes why the applicant desires to participate in the Daytime MBA program and a description of the applicant’s future goals
- The successful completion of a post-baccalaureate professional certificate program (e.g.,CPA) or graduate degree program, or scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Interview with the Associate Dean of Graduate Business Education
In order to earn and receive a Master of Business Administration - Daytime degree, a student must satisfy all of the following:
- A completed Application for Degree Candidacy (online or in the Office of Records, Point Loma campus).
- Successful completion of all required curriculum with a minimum of 42 semester units of coursework.
- Achievement of a cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher. A student may earn a maximum of six units of “C” grades in the program. Any course in which a student receives a grade lower than a “C” must be repeated and the units will not be added to earned units. Students may repeat courses in which they earn a grade lower than “C” a maximum of two times.
- Payment in full of all tuition, fees, and other financial obligations owed to the university, including a degree processing fee.
- All requirements for graduate degrees must be completed within an eight-year period from the time of initial enrollment in the program.
All students must successfully complete the Excel Leveling Module and the APA Writing and Citations Leveling Module prior to their first course in the program.
Prerequisite Leveling Modules are required for BUS 6015 , BUS 6070 , and BUS 6095 . All students must successfully pass the prerequisite leveling modules prior to beginning the respective courses.
Daytime MBA Program Core Courses
Daytime MBA students may earn a concentration by taking the six (6) required units for each concentration. Students must notify the program director prior to the completion of the 42 units in their current program of their intention to earn an additional concentration, with a subsequent change of program form filed with the Office of Records.
Once a degree is posted, MBA alumni have the option of earning a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration rather than an additional concentration.