Oct 07, 2022
The Evening MBA program is for experienced working professionals who want to take control of their career by acquiring four important drivers of influential leadership - deep qualitative and quantitative business knowledge, wisdom in the face of difficult business decisions, a powerful personal network, and inspiration to follow your purpose. The program is designed to be completed in two years.
A collegial environment supports depth of learning and builds strong relationships among faculty and peers. In the cohort model, students progress through the curriculum together, completing 36 units of core business courses and 6 units of electives. Students may select from three concentrations, including Organizational Leadership, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Project Management.
The Fermanian School of Business Evening MBA program is committed to serving the experienced business professional with the best value in quality, academic rigor, professional support services, and individual attention to support students in meeting their academic and professional goals.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Program Learning Outcomes
Candidates who complete the Master of Business Administration program will be able to:
- Exhibit mastery of the concepts, models and theories in the core business disciplines.
- Integrate knowledge across core business disciplines to identify key strategies and opportunities.
- Analyze business issues and propose solutions using analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Evaluate the impact of business decisions in a global context.
- Analyze the ethical impacts of executive-level decision making.
- Present ideas and decisions clearly through effective communication.
- Collaborate with others as an effective team member.
Candidates who complete the concentration in Organizational Leadership will be able to:
- Assess organizational issues and make sound recommendations based on organizational behavior concepts and theories.
Candidates who complete the concentration in Innovation and Entrepreneurship will be able to:
- Create viable business opportunities using innovation and entrepreneurship methods and knowledge.
Candidates who complete the concentration in Project Management will be able to:
- Formulate a project management plan based on project management knowledge, concepts and processes.
Program Eligibility for the Evening MBA
- A completed application for admission to the program
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as evidenced by official transcripts from the accredited institution
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Professional resume including detailed work experience
- A personal essay that describes why the applicant desires to participate in the Evening or Online MBA program and a description of the applicant’s future goals
- The successful completion of a post-baccalaureate professional certificate program (e.g., CPA) or graduate degree program, or scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Interview with the Associate Dean of Graduate Business Education
In order to earn and receive a Master of Business Administration - Evening degree, a student must satisfy all of the following:
- A completed Application for Degree Candidacy (online or in the Office of Records, Point Loma campus).
- Successful completion of all required curriculum with a minimum of 42 semester units of coursework.
- Achievement of a cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher. A student may earn a maximum of six units of “C” grades in the program. Any course in which a student receives a grade lower than a “C” must be repeated and the units will not be added to earned units. Students may repeat courses in which they earn a grade lower than “C” a maximum of two times.
- Payment in full of all tuition, fees, and other financial obligations owed to the university, including a degree processing fee.
- All requirements for graduate degrees must be completed within an eight-year period from the time of initial enrollment in the program.
All students must successfully complete the Excel Leveling Module and the APA Writing and Citations Leveling Module prior to their first course in the program.
Prerequisite Leveling Modules are required for BUS 6015 , BUS 6070 , and BUS 6095 . All students must successfully pass the prerequisite leveling modules prior to beginning the respective courses.
Evening MBA Program Courses
Elective Courses (3 units each, except as noted)
Choose six (6) units of electives or one of the listed concentrations to complete the forty-two (42) unit program.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Total (Required Total Core/Electives): 42 Units
Evening MBA students may earn additional concentrations taking the six (6) required units for each concentration. Students must notify the program director prior to the completion of the 42 units in their current program of their intention to earn an additional concentration, with a subsequent change of program form filed with the Office of Records.
Once a degree is posted, MBA alumni have the option of earning a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration rather than an additional concentration.